We are now looking for a committed actuary for the Actuarial Reserving and Reinsurance Support team
Do you want to help develop our actuarial team further?
We are now looking for a committed actuary for the Actuarial Reserving and Reinsurance Support team in Arendal.
Technical provisions, and their accuracy, are an essential component to Gard’s long-term operation and profitability. As a member of the team you will be responsible for calculating, assessing, and reporting Gard’s insurance technical provisions. The team shall also maintain and develop the calculation models, and ensure an effective and efficient reserving process, as well as carrying out relevant analysis.
The Actuarial Reserving and Reinsurance Support team consists of five employees and is a part of the Finance department in Gard.
- Be the loss reserving specialist for the companies and branches where needed
- Accountable for operating, maintaining, and developing reserving models
- Ownership of the reserving system, ResQ
- Prepare data for financial and regulatory reporting, including Solvency II and IFRS17
- Communication with auditors, regulators and other external and internal parties
- Collaboration with the Actuarial Function Holder in Gard and provide analytical support to the organization
Who are you:
We are looking for a structured, effective, and detail-oriented actuary that approaches new tasks methodically and can document and organize tasks in a busy environment. You are a team player and are comfortable taking the responsibility as the company actuary.
- You preferably have 10 years’ experience as a reserving actuary
- You have excellent analytical skills, along with an ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes
- You have programming experience and knowledge of Python, R or similar coding language
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and external parties
- You are comfortable with using English as a working language
- For more than 100 years Gard, one of the world’s leading marine insurers, has been helping the marine industries to protect their assets and safeguard their income. Having expanded from our origins in southern Norway to a network of 13 offices across the globe, we have witnessed the impact the sea can have and have learnt a thing or two.
- Despite our breadth and depth of experience and expertise, we try to learn something new every day to prepare our Members and clients for their next journey, and to find and deliver the right solutions. So, whenever the unexpected arises it is good to know that someone is ready, willing and able to assist; someone with expertise that has been refined for over a century.
- It is not just what we do, but how we do it that delivers the best value in the market – matching our expertise with an unrivalled commitment to what we do. We will turn every stone to find a solution and see it carried through.
- Such ability and dedication is rare, so we take great care in choosing, training and supporting our employees. The way we see it, our people are the difference between good and great.”
- Tim Kampevoll Mathiassen - email@example.com
More information /apply for position:
- Information can be found her: https://emp.jobylon.com/jobs/153231/
- Deadline: November. 2, 2022