Skuld is seeking a Reserving Actuary for our Enterprise Risk Management and Actuarial department. In an independent and challenging role, you will form part of a small but highly skilled team with excellent opportunities for professional development.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Calculate technical provisions
- Assist the regulatory reporting function
- Assist in the production of the ORSA
- Provide analytical support to Skuld’s business units
- Provide technical input to projects
- Contribute to the validation of Skuld’s internal Solvency II model
Qualifications and qualities:
We are seeking a candidate who has:
- Higher quantitative education within actuarial sciences
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ relevant work experience would be beneficial
- Extended knowledge of Solvency II requirements
- Good programming skills, preferably in R
- A good business understanding
- Cross functional collaboration skills, across finance, underwriting and claims functions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A desire and ability to continuously develop competence
- Strong English language skills
Living our values, you are:
- Accurate – you never compromise on precision, reliability and quality
- Bold – you take part in transforming our industry to future challenges
- Caring – you care for our customers, our people and our business
- Dedicated – you go the extra mile and are a good Skuld ambassador
We can offer:
We offer an international and challenging position with excellent opportunities for work and personal development and with competitive benefits. This is an opportunity to join a diversified marine insurer. Through our marine insurance platforms Skuld P&I and Skuld Marine Agency, Skuld caters to the needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, ports and terminals, cargo and the superyacht community. Skuld has a strong financial position, around 280 highly skilled employees worldwide and offices in Oslo, Bergen, Bermuda, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, New York, Piraeus and Singapore.
Chief Risk Officer
Please send your application to:
VP, Human Resources
Deadline to apply: 25 August 2019.
Skuld was established in Oslo in 1897 as a P&I club for Scandinavian shipowners. Today the company is one of the world’s leading marine insurance provider with a strong financial position and an ‘A’ rating with Standard & Poor’s.
Over the years Skuld has become a diversified marine insurer that offers bespoke covers for the diverse needs of shipowners, the offshore and energy sector, charterers and traders, and the superyacht community. Skuld is headquartered in Oslo and runs a worldwide office network of around 280 highly skilled employees from 28 different nations in 10 locations across Europe, the US and Asia.